Frequenty Asked Questions
Here are some of the more common moving related questions. Feel free to contact us with any questions or to schedule your move.
Tips and tricks
1. Be sure to unplug and pack any appliances that you will be taking, at least 24hrs before your move. (Drain your dishwashers, washing machines, and ice boxes.)
2. Disassemble your beds ahead of time.
3. On most couches the backs can easily come off, especially sectionals.
4. If possible, have all your boxes in one location.
5. In addition to Tip 4, color code your rooms and boxes, furniture with corresponding masking tape or dots. This will help curve the questions of your movers helping them work more efficiently.
6. Empty the drawers from dressers, desks, and end tables. This helps to minimize “small item loss.”
7. Pre-wrap your dressers and more sensitive items, for example; Large mirrors, or picture frames.
8. Be sure to Stay Mindful of all the nooks and crannies in your home. Nothings worse than thinking you are all done only to find that coat closet behind the front door.
9. As for books, please make sure they are in small boxes. We know it is tempting to load a large box; however most moving boxes cannot withstand that amount of weight.
10. Lawn trimming bags are a great substitute for wardrobe boxes, as they take up less space, and can be hung high in the truck. (We do recommend shoes in boxes.)